Final grade not what you expected?
Requests for grade appeals can be are submitted to the chair of the department the course is housed within, once final grades are posted. To receive consideration, requests must explain the basis for the appeal, identifying one or more of the following three criteria:
1) A grading decision was made on some basis other than performance and other than as a penalty for academic misconduct.
2) The grading decision was based upon standards unreasonably different from those which were applied to other students in the same course and section.
3) A grading decision was based on a substantial, unreasonable, or unannounced departure from previously articulated standards.
Deadlines for submitting Grade Appeals:
- Fall Courses - 30 days after the start of the spring semester.
- Spring Courses- 30 days after the start of the fall semester.
- Summer Courses - 30 days after the start of the fall semester.
More information about Grade Appeals can be found in the CSU General Catalog.
Conflict Resolution staff can answer questions about the Grade Appeal process and provide guidance in crafting an effective appeal.