Requests for grade appeals can be submitted via email to the chair of the department the course is housed within once final grades are posted. To receive consideration, students must explain the basis for the appeal, identifying one or more of the following three criteria:
1) A grading decision was made on some basis other than performance and other than as a penalty for academic misconduct. For example, the instructor decides they will not to give “A” grades to anyone in the class.
2) The grading decision was based upon standards unreasonably different from those which were applied to other students in the same course and section.
3) A grading decision was based on a substantial, unreasonable, or unannounced departure from previously articulated standards. For example, the instructor decides that final grades will be calculated with a different method than stated on the syllabus.
More information on this policy can be found in the CSU General Catalog
Deadline for submitting Grade Appeals:
- Fall Grades - 30 days from the start of the following spring semester.
- Spring & Summer Grades - 30 days from the start of the upcoming fall semester